Mastercard Small Ticket
Mastercard has special debit/prepaid rates for merchants who process sales that are under $10 – $15
Mastercard allows for lower debit card rates on low-ticket sales. There are many qualifying merchant types, typically relating to industries that cater to small-ticket transactions. Fast food, taxis, parking lots, video rentals, convenience stores, theaters, newsstands, car washes, copy centers, laundry services, and bus lines are all eligible. Small-ticket rates have lower per-transaction fees, which help keep costs lower for these merchant types.
- Be classified as Fast-Food (MCC 5814), Movie Theater (MCC 7832), Convenience Store (MCC 5499), Taxicab (MCC 4212), Video Rental (MCC 7841), Laundry (MCC 7211), Dry Cleaning (MCC 7216), Parking (MCC 7523), Copy Center (MCC 7338), Car Wash (MCC 7542), Newsstand (MCC 5994) or Variety Store (MCC 5331)
- Magnetic stripe, contactless, or chip data read, obtain customer’s signature.
- Authorize and settle within 1 day
- Obtain and pass 1 valid electronic authorization.
- Authorization and settlement MCC must match.
- Restaurants (MCC 5812, 5814) and Taxicabs & Limousines (MCC 4121) are exempt from transaction tolerance, others can settle within 10%.
- Non-Regulated debit transactions must be equal to or less than $15.00. Regulated debit transactions must be equal to or less than $10.00.
What are the rates?
This rate structure is reserved for fast food, taxis, parking lots, video rentals, convenience stores, theaters, newsstands, car washes, copy centers, laundry services, and bus lines.