Visa Supermarket Rates
Supermarkets and grocery stores get heavily discounted interchange rates, since these types of sales are rarely disputed
To qualify for the below Visa supermarket rates, your business must be classified as a grocery/supermarket, with an MCC of 5411. Below are the basic qualifications, plus you’ll see each type of card that’s eligible for supermarket rates, along with the associated potential downgrade:
- Only supermarkets/grocery stores are eligible (MCC of 5411)
- Magnetic stripe, contactless, or chip data read, obtain customer’s signature.
- Authorize and settle within 1 day.
- Obtain and pass 1 valid electronic authorization.
- When processing a Non-PIN debit transaction the authorization and settlement amount must match.
What are the rates?
See the below cards types which can qualify for CPS Supermarket rates
Signature / Preferred / Infinite – 2.10% + $0.10
Downgrade (for keyed): Signature Preferred CNP, 2.40% + $0.10/txn
Downgrade (any other reason): Standard, 2.95% + $0.10/txn
Regulated Debit – 0.05% + $0.22
Downgrade: This card type does not downgrade.
Only supermarkets/grocery stores (MCC 5411) are eligible.