To qualify for the below Visa supermarket rates, your business must be classified as a grocery/supermarket, with an MCC of 5411. Below are the basic qualifications, plus you’ll see each type of card that’s eligible for supermarket rates, along with the associated potential downgrade:
- Only supermarkets/grocery stores are eligible (MCC of 5411)
- Magnetic stripe, contactless, or chip data read, obtain customer’s signature.
- Authorize and settle within 1 day.
- Obtain and pass 1 valid electronic authorization.
- When processing a Non-PIN debit transaction the authorization and settlement amount must match.
What are the rates?
See the below cards types which can qualify for CPS Supermarket rates
Signature / Preferred / Infinite - 2.10% + $0.10
Downgrade (for keyed): Signature Preferred CNP, 2.40% + $0.10/txn
Downgrade (any other reason): Standard, 2.95% + $0.10/txn
Regulated Debit - 0.05% + $0.22
Downgrade: This card type does not downgrade.
Only supermarkets/grocery stores (MCC 5411) are eligible.