Who can Dharma Support?
Not all high-risk merchant accounts are easily defined. With that in mind, we recommend reading through this page to see if your business type can be supported by Dharma. If you’re unsure, please reach out and ask. But, Dharma is typically able to support these high-risk business types:
- Adult Tangible Products (in-person or online). There cannot be any nudity on your website, nor can we support any DVD/movie/Video-on-Demand/Cam-2-cam website sales.
- First-hand collection agencies. The collection agency must own the debt, and must register with Visa directly.
- E-Cigarettes (online) – a minimum 5% reserve will be required
- Remote Tech Support – Must be in business at least 2 years, with 6 months of credit card processing history. Call centers must be located within the US, and there cannot be any outbound calling or telemarketing/upselling.
- Nutraceuticals – Due to historical chargeback issues, an additional 1.00% assessment will apply for chargeback liability. (Rate = Interchange-Plus 2.50% + $0.20/transaction)
- Financial/Sports Advice – depends on the nature of the product/advice being sold
- Online/Keyed Furniture Sales – depends on the average transaction size and future delivery
- Travel Merchants – airline tickets not allowed, depends on amount of future delivery and nature of bookings
Who DOESN'T Dharma Support?
Dharma CANNOT support the following businesses, under any circumstances:
- Adult Streaming Video or DVD sales
- Online Tobacco Sales
- Online Gambling/Betting
- Escort Services
- Outbound Telemarketing
- Strip Clubs
- Non Face-to-Face Prescription Drugs
- 3rd Party Collection Agencies
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Marijuana/Cannabis/CBD Oil
- PayDay Lenders
- Replica Merchandise
- Online sales of guns/ammunition/weapons
- Merchants on MATCH or TMF (read more here)
What's the Pricing?
To accommodate for increased risk when processing for High-Risk industries, Dharma offers the following pricing model:
- Interchange-Plus pricing, with margins of 1.50% and $0.20/transaction. We may determine additional risk factors during the underwriting process, which may require additional margin to be applied. This would be discussed with you before moving forward.
- There is a one-year contract, with a $295 early-termination fee.
- Chargebacks are $35, Retrievals are $15, and Monthly Fees are $20
- Reserves may be required, but will be fully discussed with you before moving forward.
- Additional Documentation may be required to underwrite, such as customer contracts, bank statements, or financial documents
What are the Requirements?
Dharma’s high-risk program isn’t for everyone. Here are our basic requirements:
- You must have an established business with at least 6 months of successful credit card acceptance
- You must be processing at least $35,000/month in credit card sales
- You must have a chargeback count of less than 2.50%
- You must have a refund ratio of less than 12%
- Your business must be headquartered and operating from within the US
- The owner of the business must be a US Citizen