Using “Simple Checkout” or “Donate Now” buttons
If your organization is in need of a simple, easy way to take a payment or donation on your website, then Authorize.net’s Simple Checkout is perfect. In just a few minutes, you can quickly and easily create a “Donate” button for your website.
Watch the video below to learn how to easily create a “donate now” or “buy it now” button to insert onto your website using HTML.
Need more help? Authorize.net has put together a great resource for their merchants, and you can read about all of the new features of your account, in their Getting Started Guide. Click to see all of Authorize.net’s Support Videos. Or, it may be easier to follow this process in a step-by-step version, seen below:
- Login to Authorize.net using your user credentials
- Click “Simple Payment” on the left-hand-side of your screen.
- Click “+Add item” in the middle of the screen.
- Name the item “Payment button” or something else unique to the good/service you’re selling.
- Enter “00001” or something unique for the item ID. Authorize.net requires you to have a unique underlying item ID for each button you make.
- For the Type, you’ll want to select which best applies – Product, Service, or Donation.
- Input a description you’d like your customers to see on the payment page.
- If you selected “Donation” you may also select “Allow Donors to specify the amount they wish to donate”
- If you please, you can put in “suggested” levels.
- Once built, you’ll see a page with a whole bunch of new information. You can preview the button by clicking on the yellow “Donate” button in the middle of the page. This preview will show you exactly what your customers will see.
- Once you’re satisfied with the button, you can copy/paste the Donate Button Code from the same page, and give that to your web developer. This code can be placed behind any button on your existing website, and customers will automatically be routed to Authorize.net’s secure payment page.