I’ve found a suspicious sale (or more) – what next?
It’s important to act fast.
OK, you’ve found something fishy in your Authorize.net gateway. There are a few steps you can take to immediately stop further damage.
- Notify Dharma, at 866-615-5157.
- If the testing is happening NOW, you can put your account in “TEST MODE” to prevent transactions from processing. To do so:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings from the menu on the left.
- Click Test Mode under the Security Settings section.
- Drag the slider to Test.
- Immediately void any suspected transactions that have not yet settled and credit back all suspected transactions that have already settled.
- Change user passwords in case a user’s login information was compromised.
- Implement AVS and CCV fraud protection, and ensure your Daily Velocity filters as well as amount filters are set properly. Contact Authorize.net to have a live representative help you set everything up properly, at 877-447-3938.