Comparing to a typical provider
We’re different here
Dharma Merchant Services was created with the distinct purpose of operating differently than our competition. Our founders felt that the merchant services industry has not been meeting the needs of merchants in an ethical, transparent, and sustainable manner – so, Dharma was born to try and change that! We encourage you to read our top reasons merchants work with us page, but here are a few highlights about what we do differently than the rest:
- Transparency and low pricing. We don’t engage in common “hidden fee” tactics, and we publicly post all of our rates/fees. We don’t lock merchants into long-term contracts, and we’re up-front about how our pricing and fee structure works. We only offer Interchange-plus pricing, widely considered the fairest model out there.
- Easy startup. We are a digital, paperless office and encourage you to complete our application process digitally. We use DocuSign for easy electronic signatures, and can often approve accounts within just one or two business days. We work with you to meet deadlines and can help facilitate a rush if necessary! Many providers will take weeks to setup an account, but at Dharma we pride ourselves on moving quickly.
- Unsurpassed Customer Service. Once you have an open account, you can call our support line and real people answer the phones. We’re authentic, we care, and we’re trained. As a small business you’ll know us on a first-name basis, and we’ll take your concern, issue or problem through to resolution.
- Low-priced and Current Equipment. Unlike other providers who sell old, outdated equipment, Dharma only sells the most current and up-to-date terminals. We price our terminals fairly, and don’t lease terminals. We offer interest-free 3 month financing if necessary, and program/test all new equipment before delivery to ensure it works perfectly the first time.
- Sustainable Practices. Whenever possible, we choose local, sustainable, socially-responsible, women- or minority-owned vendors and suppliers. We are also mission-aligned with most of our business partners. From the bank we chose to work with to our shipping policies, we walk the talk as much as we can.
- Commerce With Compassion. We believe business can be a force for good, and we stand behind our ideals. Fair Pricing. Honest Practices. Doing the right thing. Business isn’t just about the bottom line — happy merchants make for a happy workplace, and we foster a team culture that sees business as a path to awakening and purposeful living.
- Giving Back. Helping those in need is a founding tenet at Dharma, and in 2015 we donated over $100,000 to nonprofits. We selected nonprofit organizations from five main categories that would benefit from our donations, plus we offered each staff member the opportunity to pick a nonprofit of their choice to donate to.