NMI Export to QuickBooks
All NMI accounts include the ability to quickly and easily download your transactions into a Quickbooks-readable file (or .iif file). NMI has a handy export-tool that readies your data. Simply input the date range of the transactions you want to export, click a button, and your .iif file is generated instantly for import to QuickBooks.
Conversely, you can also opt to pay $10/month for QuickBooks SyncPay, available through the NMI Gateway. After downloading a small program to your computer, SyncPay will link with your desktop QuickBooks software (sorry, no QuickBooks Cloud support!) so that you can process payments from directly within QuickBooks, which will funnel to NMI and Dharma. See a demo here.
Not using Authorize.net to process your sales? Fear not, as you can still input your transaction data into QuickBooks with just a few quick steps. Since all Dharma accounts are granted free online access, you’ll always be able to login to the MX system and view past transaction data. Here are the steps you’d take to reconcile with QuickBooks:
- First, login to MX at www.mxmerchant.com/mx6
- Click reports on the left.
- Click which report you’d like to export. Most merchants will be interested in settlement reports and deposit reports
- Use the filter bar at the top-right to drill down into the data you want to see based on date range, transaction type, etc
- Next, click the ARROW ICON at the upper-right side of the page to export your data.
- Choose where to save your new document. The document will automatically save as a .CSV (comma separated value) file format.
- In QuickBooks, you should have the option to import .CSV files. Simply navigate to your saved document from above, and follow QuickBooks’ instructions to import.